3 Things Your Wife Will Never Tell You
I’ve seen strong men that have been brought to their knees this week because of a woman. This doesn’t make them less of a man, but it will probably make you more of a husband. Left unattended these things could become blindspots.
Here are some things that we could hope to hear, but it’s probably not going to happen.
1. “I don’t think that you need a physical this year”
- “Especially since we haven’t reached our deductible.” No. Men, we have to take care of ourselves. If for some strange reason you do hear this…Get it anyway.
- If you are 50+ get a colonoscopy. I know the prep sucks, I’ve had one. The procedure is still unpleasant. Get it anyway.
- Have your prostate examined. [there, I said it] It’s one of the most uncomfortable things that you’ll ever experience. (this is coming from a guy that has had brain surgery) This year, I had mine while a first year med student watched with a front row seat. Her name was Kirsten. I really didn’t want to get to know her that well. It’s not fun. Get it anyway.
2. “That door will come open if I stand here long enough.”
You’re probably never going to hear that, especially if you open the door for her first. Do the little things that honor the fact that she is your wife. It doesn’t mean that you have to kiss her feet, but a foot-rub probably wouldn’t hurt every once in awhile.
3. “If you buy me another gift this year, it’s over.”
Maybe you have heard this, but I don’t think so. Men need to decide that acute “temporary” pain is better than chronic pain. That means spend the money now. Make her feel special on her special day. At least give her something to unwrap. I’ve been down the wrong side of this road. Just trying to keep you from following me.
I’m not an expert on this topic by any means. However, I had a great teacher – my Dad. He took notes from the greatest teacher of all – our creator.
At my nieces wedding, he was asked for the secret to a marriage of 66 years. His answer was simple, but sometimes hard. “Just keeping loving each other.”
That comes from the Bible. “The greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13.
I’d love to strike up a conversation with you.
Leave a comment below!