I stumbled on something this morning
It’s a crazy busy day as I prepare for a speaking business trip. As I way laying in bed going over everything that I had to do, I wondered if it could be done.
You may already be asking yourself, “why didn’t you just get out of bed?”. There are many reasons.
- I love being still.
- I like to think about my day before I start my day.
- The sun wouldn’t be up for nearly an hour. Going outside wouldn’t be a good move.
In the end, I came to the conclusion that I had too many things to do and not enough time. Has that ever happened to you?
It’s happened to me before and I ended up sacrificing something. Here’s what I may have given up and how I improvised.
- A good nights sleep. I had gotten to bed in time to give me eight hours of bedtime. It’s not always peaceful sleep, but it’s still time to relax.
- A healthy breakfast. I grabbed some healthy snacks to tide me over until I could get to a point where I could have a good meal.
- Coffee. This is non-negotiable. It didn’t have to be fancy, so I grabbed some at the dealership while I waited for my car.
- Hygiene. I still showered, but didn’t just stand there and soak. I was in and out. I didn’t shave this morning. I did put on deodorant and brushed my teeth. Hair is no longer a big obstacle for me.
- Exercise. I don’t always workout, but try to get some physical exercise 2-3 days a week. It had been 5 days since I had ran. Instead of skipping it, I shortened it. Instead of running four miles, I ran two-and-a-half.
What do you sacrifice when are short on time?